Benton County Office of Public Defense
This is the official website of the Benton County Office of Public Defense, the agency charged with providing publicly funded defense services to indigent persons when required by law or the Constitution. We pride ourselves on being an innovative leader in public defense service delivery and serve our clients every day with some of the best trained, hardest-working, most compassionate and justice-minded attorneys you can find anywhere. If you would like to learn more about our office or use the many tools on this website that provide information and resources to clients, client family members, our attorneys and the community, please select from the tabs on the left side of this site. If you ever have questions about public defense services provided by this office, either as a concerned community member, client, family member of a client or criminal justice professional, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
Very truly yours,
Eric Hsu, Attorney at Law
Public Defense Manager
Who We Serve
This office serves the citizens of Benton County on the following types of cases:
- Benton County Superior Court criminal, and certain civil contempt cases (where jail time is being sought)
- Benton County District Court criminal cases (including criminal cases initiated by the cities of Kennewick, Richland, West Richland and Prosser)
- Benton County Juvenile offender cases
- Benton County Juvenile dependency cases (representing children)
- Benton County Involuntary Treatment Act cases (mental health civil commitment)
Our main office is located at the Kennewick Justice Center on the second floor.
Our street address is:
7122 W Okanogan Pl, Bldg A
Kennewick, WA 99336
Our main phone number is (509) 222-3700
Our fax number is (509) 222-3717
Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8:00-5:00
Closed from 12:00-1:00 for lunch
For more information, please select from the tabs on the left side of this site.